For the past 40 years, David has been privileged to serve clients ranging from some of the largest and most important companies in the digital and traditional media and technology sectors to some of the most dynamic and innovative start-up companies in the country. David negotiates technology agreements, content licensing agreements, services agreements, and other agreements for his clients and handles copyright, trademark, media, and related issues for them.
In recent years, David has counseled clients on rapidly evolving issues, including artificial intelligence, data scraping, and virtual reality/augmented reality offerings.
David has also handled a wide range of policy and advocacy issues on behalf of clients before Congress and federal agencies, including the Federal Communications Commission and the U.S. Copyright Office.
For three years, David was an adjunct professor at Howard University School of Law, teaching the Copyright & Trademark course.
Before joining Executive Counsel, David was for many years a partner at two large law firms, Cooley, LLP and Dow Lohnes, which merged into Cooley in 2014.
1701 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20006
(Office Visits by Appointment)
Areas of Practice
Intellectual Property (Copyright & Trademark); Technology Transactions; Media Law
• District of Columbia
• Georgia (inactive)
• J.D., Duke University School of Law (Editorial Board, Duke Law Journal)
• B.A., Haverford College, magna cum laude
• Named, The Best Lawyers in America
• Named, Legal 500 – Media, Technology and Telecoms – Regulatory and Technology Transactions
• Named, Super Lawyer, District of Columbia, Super Lawyers
• Awarded, AV© Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
• Member, Board of Directors, Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless
• Member, National Commission and D.C. Region Executive Committee and Board, Anti-Defamation League